The Electrical & Plumbing Store opened its doors at 1080 Ogilvie Road in 1980. Originally a small electrical wholesale operation that stocked a few chandeliers and table lamps for its contractor clientele, the store expanded throughout the decade and, in 1991, added plumbing fixtures and materials to its broad selection of lighting and electrical items. In 1993, The Electrical & Plumbing Store opened its second location at 31 Northside Rd. in Bell's Corners to service the rapidly-expanding west end of Ottawa. Renovations and construction for a new, larger Bell's Corners location began in June, 2002 and were complete by February, 2003. Improvements to the 31 Northside Rd. location include: Large expansion of both the lighting and plumbing showrooms making it the largest such showroom for medications in Ottawa as well as a full-service parts counter to service the installation and repair requirements for both tradespeople and homeowners.